HE the Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa al-Thani and the Prime Minister of Somalia Hassan Ali Khayre witnessed the signing of a number of agreements and memoranda of understanding (MoUs) between the governments of Qatar and Somalia at the Amiri Diwan yesterday.
They witnessed the signing of following and agreements and MoUs:
1. An agreement on avoidance of double taxation and prevention of fiscal evasion.
2. An agreement on encouraging and protecting mutual investments.
3. An agreement on maritime transport.
4. An agreement on economic, trade and technical co-operation.
5. An MoU on co-operation in the field of ports.
6. An MoU on co-operation between the Diplomatic Institute in the Qatar’s Foreign Ministry and the Diplomatic Institute in the Somalia’s Foreign Ministry.
7. An MoU on the establishment of a joint supreme committee.8. An MoU on political co-operation and consultation between the Qatar’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Somalia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Co-operation.
The signing ceremonies were attended by a number of ministers, and on the Somali side by members of the official delegation accompanying the prime minister.
Earlier yesterday, HE the Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa al-Thani and Somalia’s Prime Minister Hassan Ali Khayre held a session of official talks at the Amiri Diwan.
At the outset of the session, HE Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa al-Thani welcomed his Somali counterpart and the accompanying delegation to Qatar, pointing out that the visit will contribute to supporting and developing co-operation between the two countries.
The Somali prime minister praised the bilateral relations and stressed his aspiration to strengthen them in various fields.
During the session, the two sides discussed ways to develop and enhance bilateral relations between the two countries in various fields, and reviewed the latest regional and international developments of common concern.
The talks session was attended by a number of ministers and on the Somali side by the members of the official delegation accompanying the prime minister.
Following the official talks, HE Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa al-Thani, and the Somali prime minister held a bilateral meeting during which they reviewed a number of topics of mutual interest.