Former president of Ethiopian Somali regional state, Abdi Mohammed Omer, and other six other officials, who lost their immunity from prosecution last Sunday, appeared in court today.
They appeared in court on suspicion of having direct links in violation committed against human rights in Jigjiga, the capital of the regional state, and its environs.
Abdi Mohamed Omer was arrested on last Monday at his home located around Atlas Hotel, in Addis Ababa, after he lost his immunity from prosecution.
The other officials who appeared in court today are:
- Abdijemal Kelonbi- Head of Justice Bureau
- Rahma Mohammed – Head of Women’s and Children’s Bureau
- Ibrahim Mehd- Head of Education Bureau
- Dek Abdulahi –Deputy Head of Water Resource Development Bureau
- Ibrahim Mohammed Mubarek – Mayor of Jigjiga
- Omer Abdi – Political Affairs Head of Ethiopian Somali People Democratic Party (ESPDP)